Friday, September 04, 2009

Straits Times Political Correspondent Jeremy Au Yong testiied as my witness

On 1st September 2009 in Court 19, in the case of PS1348/2008 & others, I called via subpoenas for Mr. Jeremy Au Yong - Correspondent Political Desk from Straits Time to testify for the event which he covered on 16 September 2007 (LKy's Birthday) at Hong Lim Park & Istana which is exactly 1 year after WB/IMF Speaker Cornered. He was the last witness of the entire case, the court designated him as DW2 - Defense's 2nd Witness.

Jeremy is seen in black polo-shirt behind Miss Chee, the white polo-shirt in front is mata DSP Chan Peng Khuan Central Division:


Jeremy is seen in black polo-shirt at right-most of this picture:

In the matter, Mr. Jeremy Au Yong took the witness stand from 9:30am till about 4pm.

I except that 99% of his testimony to be truthful, 1% is inaccurate due to mostly his memory of the event since 2007 is already about 2 years back. He told the court similar to what I said as DW1, that the Walk on 16.Sept.2007 beginning from Speakers Corner was done in NO PARTICULAR ORDER NOR SEQUENCE; WAS PEACEFUL; NO FLAGS; BANNERS; PLACARDS WAS CARRIED; NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS USED; IT WAS ON THE SIDEWALKS ONLY; NO UNINTERRUPTED CONTINUITY WAS MAINTAINED AND OTHER PEDESTRIANS FREQUENTLY CUT INTO THE WALKING POSITIONS OF ACTIVISTS.

Therefore, I argued that it was a casual walk like no other road users and it had not been seen nor identified as any form of processions, as there were no physical body of a procession that passers-by and on-lookers could identify nor notice. The activists had merely conveyed themselves on foot from Speakers Corner to QRP to hold a peaceful candle light vigil. They should not be discriminated apart from any other lawful citizens and road users, as they enjoy the same constitutional rights of Equality, Freedom and Liberty.

:-)

In the even I was only a blogger covering the event's reporting, just like other bloggers such as Mr. Ng E-Jay (sg-politics) and Mr. Andrew Loh (TOC), and performed no different journalistic roles apart from Jeremy; and at least half dozen of other jornalists & camera men. All these jornalistic persons including myself did not wear any slogan T-shirts, unlike the few activist.

The only additional role I did, as I told judge, that I was policing the mata, to ensure that they did not performed their enforcement beyond the lawful limits of police powers. In the WB/IMF 2006 (Speakers Cornered) the mata did exactly this sort of Civil Rights Violations. That's why I need to police them. :-)

I said these activist were my baits and the matas were my fish. I was fishing for video and photos that would ressemble WB/IMF 2006. :-)



I am now still writing my closing submission for this case, while I am preparing to be in famiLEE LEEgime's Changi Prison as early as tomorrow. :-) for 2 different matters - alleged speech with Dr CSJ on 16.Nov.2005 & 12.April.2006 both at Queen Street Kuan Yin Temple.

I am preparing to stage hunger-strike in prison, taking only water, and token amount of bread (a finger size each every 2 days).


Sammyboy.Com Thread