Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Video of MOM Protest & Arrest

Very well done video!

I am impressed.

:-)

On Monday, 12.Jan.2009 I went to Central Mata-Chu of famiLEE LEEgime before 1500Hr after I found out that Sealan Palay & Chong Kai Siong had been arrested. I was supposed to be in court actually at that time for Pre-Trial-Conference, but I rushed to Centonment Mata-Chu, before the sub-court.

Matter is they had been protesting during lunchtime at the steps of Ministry of Man Power. Opposite the sub-court actually. The famiLEE LEEgime's mata arrested them at about 1300hr.

Activists and reproters were there and got photos and video. But the 154th does not report much about it.

Sealan Palay & Chong Kai Siong had protested for our Burmese Activist Friends who had been refused renewal of work permits.





This is a video by activist producer Ho Choon Hiong.
At mata-chu, I found out the name of Duty Investigation Officer, and was informed that both the activists were arrested in the charges of Criminal Trespassing. As you will see in this video, they were only on the steps of public walkway - hardly can be trespassing the Ministry of Man Power's building.

Soon after my PTC in court, I called the mata IO, and they did not answer. I left message for SIO Jeffrie Collins & he dare not call me back. An hour or so later the both of them were released by famiLEE LEEgime as expected.






If you can not view the protest & arrest video please click here.

Sammyboy.com thread