Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mr. JBJ forms new party to REFORM Singapore

Mr. Ng Teck Siong & Mr. J B Jeyaretnam held press conference 11:30am Sunday 20.May.2007 at Allson Hotel, announced formation of a new political party to reform Singapore.

My apology for a confusion so some people attending Mr. JBJ's Press Conference today, Allson & Royals used to be one single hotel before it was splited. When I was informed by Mr. Ng Teck Siong that he booked Allson Hotel, there was a confusion on my side, I asked Mr. Ng was it Allson or Royal @ Queens, he replied "Ah! Yes! Yes! That's right!" so I said: "OK, I will post that on the web immediately." I waited today at the lobby of Royals to redirect the misinformed people to Allson. :-) Sorry for the confusion.






Conference ended at about 12:45pm, Mr. JBJ detailed the unfair bankruptcy lawsuit and unreasonable discharge hearings during the press conference. The corrupted handling by the Official Assignees who was taken to court and again by Mr. JBJ, until the case reach the highest Court Of Appeal. The details of the long and expensive fight was given on the press conference.





Mr. JBJ & Mr. Ng announced to the press that a plan is underway to form and organize a new political party which Mr. JBJ briefly called it Reform Party when asked for party's name by Reuters. Shortly, Mr. Ng added clarification that it is more likely called Democratic Reform Party rather. Hence, I would hereby translate it into Chinese as 民主改革党[简称民革党].

Mr. JBJ answered to the press's question about contesting in coming elections himself, he said that he already past his 81th birthday this year, and if heaven willing and his health permits, then WHY NOT? Mr. JBJ smiled with his finger pointing up at the heaven when he said "It will be decided up there!"

I have a very long audio recording of Mr. JBJ's speach today inside my GSM phone, which I am still trying to cut-short before posting out as a podcast. I have also been given 2 mini DV tapes from supportive video activist. I need to firewire some of it for YouTube later.

:-)

As it was initially seeming that 154th rated media of famiLEE LEEgime would black out this news, as Mr. JBJ & Mr. Ng couldn't find the ST reporter's name at the sign-in list, I think Mr. JBJ strategized to throw in something rather HOT for the famiLEE LEEgime's appetite, to bait the 154th to fry it up - He highlighted his difference with Mr. Chiam & Mr. Low.